Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Break Means Nothing When You Work Full Time

I work a really odd schedule this semester. On the days that I have school, I work six hours, and then the rest of the week I work nine and a half, except for on Fridays when I work only nine. This week is "spring break," though, so instead of going to school Monday and Wednesday, I've gone straight home.

There are many things I should have done this week. My taxes, having a filling repaired. Baking a pie for Pi day. I opted to nap instead.

I'm tired.

I've also sort of cautiously "met someone" and I'm trying to keep it on the DL because I'm sure I'll find a way to jinx it if I bring it up. I mean, he's way too hot for me, but that's never stopped me from dating someone before. He's also not European, and I distinctly remember wanting to take a string of European lovers at some point in the very near future.

Oh well, life doesn't always go the way you plan it.

One of the main reasons I've been so tired this week is that there have been two office parties, both consisting of going to restaurants and eating lots of heavy food, which I tend to not do anymore. Yesterday I had enough pollo con mole to keep a small child-army going for a week. The day before that I had a chicken pot pie that was seriously glorious in its carb-filled wonder. No, I did not get a salad with it. I also did not go to my work-out class that night because I had to work extra time to make up for the lunch party that I had to go to. I think if you have to go to a lunch party, it ought to be covered by your work, but oh well. See above statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment