Monday, March 5, 2012

The dreaded midterm

So, my best friend asked me a few weeks ago if I'd be available to go to Vegas with her this week, all expenses except air travel paid. I was like, "Hells yeah!" and then I checked my class schedule. This is midterm week, and even though I only have one midterm (biology), it's a huge week (actually, two midterms...one for lecture [tonight] and one for lab [Wednesday]), and I can't miss it. I'm like, "Can't your work reschedule this convention that they've been planning for nine months so I can go next week during Spring Break?"

Apparently that's asking too much. Hmph.

So, now she's in Vegas with her gay best friend, going to Hooters and hanging out at a gay bar called "The Gypsy Den" which has nothing in common with the whole food vegetarian restaurant chain that we have here in So Cal. (Oh please, God, let it be a reference to Gypsy Rose Lee!)

So...I'm stuck here taking a test. Whatever. I know all about cellular respiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment