Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer Sun

Wow, this year has been major. It's already July and I can't believe it. So much has happened lately, and I don't really handle lots of stuff happening all at once very well. Thank God for zoloft.

My best friend got married, and I was her bridesmaid. It was a really interesting view, from the other side of the nuptuals. A is so very happy now, married for just a little over a month, and she's really trying to keep her feet on the ground. Her new hubby has a daughter from his previous marriage, which I think sort of threw them into a more mature newlywed experience.

I got all A's this semester (in two classes, but they're A's nonetheless!), and I'm only taking a kickboxing class this summer because the next big class I need is college algebra, and I don't think I can do that over a summer, or with other classes next semester.

My SIL is thisclose to delivering my second niece, and I'm really excited about that, but I won't be able to meet the new baby until Christmas.

Oh, and I adopted a cat! My guinea pigs died over Christmas (one went right before Christmas, the other right after. Oh, my heart! I miss those little piggies so much...they were really the most special little buddies), and I've been wanting a new cuddly friend. Mr. Chekhov is a great cat, and very much a cuddler. But the weird thing is, he only really likes me, and my other best friend C. C and I did Tae Bo for a few weeks before our kickboxing class started, and Checkhov just loved her, would sit on her lap, purr, headbutt, roll on his back for her. Everyone else, even my own Auntie, is met with major suspicion and contempt. He is also obsessed with the black-and-white tuxedo kitty accross the way from me, and they just stare at each other for hours. Chekhov's tail goes at a mile a minute, and I have Roman blinds on my windows, so sometimes I'm woken up in the middle of the night because he's hitting the slats so hard, and they swing out. I'm worried he's going to break a few!

Anyway, I'm trying to stay on top of my issues. A getting married has really been challenging me. I can feel our relationship evolving and I hate change. Which is so weird because everyone else loves it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment