Monday, May 9, 2011

Why I'm not throwing my hat into the ring for Prince Harry

Sure, he's handsome, and he seems to love dogs and children. Plus, he's a prince. I mean, who doesn't want to be a princess, right? According to the wedding shows on TLC, every woman in the world wants to be a princess!

Well, I apparently either handed in my tiara, or I was just never given that gene, because I can tell you right now that the last thing I want to be is a princess. First of all, being a princess is exactly the opposite of the spoiled, self-serving little girls buying $15,000.00 gowns at Kleinfeld's. Princesses need to worry about the people they serve, and how they represent themselves to those people. And lets face it: people suck. And people are troglodytes who want to pull you down to their level. Being a princess is pretty much painting a target on your back. The people will want to hate you no matter what, and you will always go to the wrong place for a vacation, spend either too much or too little money, be too accessible, or not accessible enough, too thin or too fat, not pretty enough, not fashionable enough, and you will always, always wear the wrong hat.

The pressure is just too enormous. Who wants to do that to themselves? Even for Prince Harry.

Besides, I can buy my own damn tiara.

No comments:

Post a Comment