Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Why am I here?

Like many people, I have decided to start a blog. Just one voice, crying out amongst several million. I don't really expect to have any readers, but I'm hoping that if just one person decides to go to college after they have finished their 20's, that they'll see they're not the only one.

I'm not going "back" to college; I've never been to college in the first place. I am a humble civil servant who is fed up with their job and ready to move on to something else. That something else is a bachelor's degree in zoology. I'm currently attending a community college with hopes of transferring into a university. Now that I'm sort of too invested in my dream to give it all up, though, the economy has gone "Boom." However, I'm only taking two classes a semester, so hopefully by the time I can transfer to a university, the economy will be better. I guess it doesn't make much of a difference, but universities and colleges are the victims of massive cutbacks, and they're starting to get choosy about who they let in. I'm a straight "A" student at the moment, but what if the university of my choice doesn't want to take a chance on a 30-year-old?

No comments:

Post a Comment