Wednesday, September 7, 2011

So, last night at algebra...

My college is an older one. It started small, and has been growing for several decades, so some buildings are a lot newer than others. The oldest building is now called the "Science and Math" building, or SM. S & M if you're nasty. Some of the rooms are indoors, and some are out. It's a three-story building, and it's old and dirty. My current class is an outside class, and last night, the air conditioner gave up on us. Outside, the temperature was about 95. Inside, it was about 105. We opened the doors, which maybe lowered the heat to 103. I lost the ability to sweat about an hour in.

Of course all of the vending machines were out of water.

I swear my professor lectured nonstop for two and a half hours. I could feel my eyelids getting heavy. The chalk dust swirled around our makeshift fans, causing all of us to sneeze. "Bless You" was being repeated often. At the break, I went outside into the humidity and heat, which at 8:10pm was not lessened at all from earlier in the day.

My only saving grace was that I had my hair in a ponytail.

Thursday, I'm wearing a skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment