Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ya! Ya!

The fall semester is about to start for me and ten thousand other people at my junior college. This means that in two weeks, there will be no parking, standing room only classrooms, and a bunch of kids walking around with bewildered looks on their faces.

In four weeks, there will be plenty of parking, and most of those teenagers will have dropped out.

I never get this. I dropped out of only one class, and I did it after the first class, and it was Karate, not something I needed for life.

I've heard that some students sign up for classes just to get in the school, and then petition for the classes they really want. But I'm taking really specific science classes that are needed for those wanting a career in actual freaking SCIENCE, not for someone wanting a business degree. Yes, I know it's still a Bachelor of Science degree, but it's not REAL science.

Anyway, I hate those first few weeks. I hate it when I get a teacher who wants me to meet my fellow students, even though half of them won't last the first month. I do love school, though. I love the challenge, even in easy classes like languages (English, Spanish, German). There's always a project, homework, something to complain about, something to laugh about. New people to get to know from all different walks of life. I love it. I don't want it to end.

You know...until that first case of the flu I get because of all those germy teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment