Monday, May 14, 2012

What you define as attractive

I'm just going to come out and say that I love a guy in drag.

I don't know if it started with Tim Curry, or if there was some other beginning to my fascination with transvestites, but I do know that when I see Eddie Izzard strutting his stuff, I love it. Those sky-high heels, the skirts and leggings. So sexy.


I also appreciate the androgyny of people like David Bowie and Annie Lennox, though I don't quite find it as appealing as Bowie in full on Jareth clothes.

Bowie has never really shied away from the use of makeup, though, and I think that's one of his appeals. He's also pretty gorgeous. So is Eddie.

I was sad when Eddie started wearing menswear more often. I mean, I'm glad for him that he continues to wear what he likes when he likes it, and he doesn't care what anyone says, but his blue eyes just cry out for liner and mascara, and why shouldn't he obey that call?

I'm not really into the whole RuPaul Drag Race, though. I think that what those people do is incredible, and that having men live out loud in their preferred choice of clothing is helping other men turn to their own predilections, and that's a wonderful thing.


I am, however, a straight woman, and when it comes to romantic entanglements, I like straight men. Straight men who aren't afraid to wear women's underwear under their trousers. I envision a relationship where my guy and I go lingerie shopping together, for each other.

I don't know why I am this way. I mean, assuming that this way isn't normal, although it must be...I don't see how it's not normal. Clothes are clothes, and for some reason, most clothes have gender associated with them. Women wear frills and soft lines. Men wear military cuts. It's the way of the world.

Yeah, whatever. I know what I like. I like the military cuts. I just like silk and frills underneath it.

No comments:

Post a Comment