Thursday, April 8, 2010

No Farms No Food

I saw the above on a car bumper sticker tonight on my way to school. It would have been better if underneath, it had read, "Know Farms, Know Food." Of course, it would have been equally awesome if someone had thought to put a comma on there somewhere.

My friend A is getting along really well with her boyfriend, and I am even more optimistic about their marriage than I was at the beginning. I was out to dinner with them a few weeks ago, and we were talking about tests. I mentioned that my algebra teacher last semester said that women should choose their first instinct when it came to an answer that they weren't sure about, and that men should always go with their second choice. P said, "Oh, that works for me and A." I was all, "Buh?" and he explained that since he's been married once, that would make A his second choice, and he would be A's first choice. I tried my hardest to not smile at A like, "Yes! I knew we'd been watching Say Yes To The Dress marathons for a reason!" but I think I gave myself away.

I'm totally going to buy her the new Miss Manners book on how to have a proper wedding. I'll give it to her when P isn't around, though. Don't want to freak him out too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment