Sunday, April 18, 2010

In the summer-summer-summer-summer-summertime...

So, it's Summer in California. Sorry, Rest of the World.

When we first moved into this place, it was one of the coldest winters we had seen here in Orange County in a long time, and this apartment was seriously cold. I mean, I'm cold all the time, like one of those annoying little skinny girls who "kechews" cutely into a tiny handkerchief and then asks to borrow the nearest fireman's jacket (which she gets. Along with his phone number), except I'm fat, and unless I start running again, I'll be fatter still.

Anyway, where'd I go?

Oh, right. It's cold in here. I spent the first few weeks, I spent every night shivering myself to sleep underneath two blankets and a comforter until we figured out the right heat temperature, and I've been trying to figure out how that will translate to the summer months. Is this place really poorly insulated? Or is it just designed for a lot of air movement, and therefore cooler than other, older apartments?

Well, it hit the 90's today, and I didn't realize how hot it was until I was forced to go outside for some groceries, and I was like, "Wow! It's hot out here!" Well, inside it's nice and cool. I have a blanket on my legs, and my mom is wearing as few layers as she can legally wear and still keep me in the same room with her. But she's hot all the time. And she's still just right, so I'm hopeful about the summer.

Classes are almost out for the winter/spring semester, and I'm debating on taking a class in the summer. On the one hand, I need classes. On the other, six weeks of cramming in lessons is hardly conducive to learning. Maybe for an easy English class or something, but definitely not for sciences or maths.

No comments:

Post a Comment