Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pennies from heaven

I've been reading Dear Abby, something I tend to avoid....

There's people who believe that pennies they find on the ground are from their dead loved ones, and you know. I don't judge. I think that losing a loved one is one of the hardest parts about life. I still feel ripped apart from my Grandma's death last June on what would have been her 89th birthday. But I couldn't imagine her or my Grandpa dropping pennies down on me. Gramps was too much of a skinflint for it, and I'm pretty sure Grams would want to drop down more than just a penny.

Shortly after Grams' death, a friend of my Auntie's went to see her. This friend is a psychic, and told Auntie that she saw Grams! In heaven! And there was a man with really thick white hair, and she was reunited with him, and she was really happy!

Auntie, who has the dry, acerbic, sarcastic sense of humor that the rest of my family has, said, "Well, if she was happy, I don't know...but if they were quarrelling, that really sounds like my dad."

Oddly enough, that did give me comfort. Both the fact that this psychic saw Grams reunited with Gramps, and that my Aunt wasn't about to fawn over a woman who more than likely saw my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary photo (we all have a copy), which showed Gramps and his healthy, thick, beautiful white hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment